From Wacker Drive to Grant Park to the Museum of Science and Industry, the Commercial Club of Chicago and its affiliate organizations have played a role in shaping Chicago.
We are a membership organization of senior leaders. We come from the business, education, cultural and philanthropic realms. We believe in cooperation and an open exchange of ideas.
If an issue is critical to Chicago, it’s important to us. That includes economic, development and social issues. We hold luncheons nine months out of the year which draw in leaders from business, government and the civic arena both locally and nationally to discuss key news of the day.
In addition to its luncheon series, much of the Commercial Club’s activities occur through its affiliated organizations:
- Civic Committee drives change in state finance, education and transportation.
- The Civic Consulting Alliance builds pro bono teams of business experts, government leaders and its own professional staff to work on transformative public sector challenges, such as improving schools, reducing crime, improving health care and making our region more affordable and globally competitive.
- Kids First Chicago seeks to dramatically impact student achievement by ensuring that every family and child has access to a high-quality school. To achieve dramatic results we must support parents in navigating to and advocating for quality school options, drive "kids-first" policy, and provide direct support to schools.
- Veterans Employment Initiative helps organizations be veteran-friendly employers who implement best practices in veteran recruitment, hiring and retention.
- Neighborhood Jobs Connection Initiative helps connect employers with Chicago's untapped neighborhood workforce.